Powerpoint Engineering are proud to introduce the Electrically Insulated Safety Helmet with Integrated Arc Flash Face Shield. This innovative product protects the face and head against thermal effects from Arc Flash.
ELECTRICALLY INSULATING SAFETY HELMET
The Electrically Insulating Safety Helmet with integrated face shield is available in 8.0 cal/cm² (Class 2) or 24.0 cal/cm² (Class 2). The helmet has been constructed using Modified High Impact Polyamide and is suitable for live working with electrical connections.
The helmet protects the head against:
- Thermal Hazards of Electric Arc
- Electric shock – prevents shock current flow through the head
- Molten metal splashes
- Injuries or wounds created by falling objects
The helmet is supplied in white but other colours are available upon request.
This Electrically Insulating Safety Helmet has an in-use lifetime of the up to 48 months from the date of manufacture. In the case of surge, cracks appearing or other damage occurring the helmet should be disposed of immediately.
The Electrically Insulating Safety Helmet boasts a variety of features including:
- Force Transmission (tested after conditioning in temperatures of -18°C and +49°C)
- Apex Penetration (tested after conditioning in temperatures of -18°C and +49°C)
- Flame Resistance
- Protection against Class G electrical shock
- Slider adjustment for tightening / loosening on the wearers head
It is imperative that the helmet fits the head properly. The helmet is easily adaptable to the circumference of the head. The wearer can simply adjust the chinstrap length and the helmet height to suit their requirements. The helmet can be adjusted stepwise, every 2 mm, to fit the head comfortably within the range of 53 cm to 63 cm.
ARC FLASH FACE SHIELD
The Polycarbonate arc flash face shield, with UV-filter, is available in 8.0 cal/cm² or 24.0 cal/cm² and protects the user against electric arc. It comes equipped with Anti-Fog and Anti-Scratch coating and is fully retractable into the helmet when not in use. This helps to keep it protected from damage.
Once the helmet has been placed on the wearers head and the size has been adjusted accordingly the wearer can gently pull the arc flash shield down over the face. The next step is to slide the neck shield toward the chin. The Arc Flash face shield features a unique chin piece to protect the chin in an ARC Flash hazard. Opening the face shield in an abnormal or rough manner can result in damage or faster wearing of the shield.
The arc flash face shield offers resistance to drop ball impact, high velocity impact, high mass impact, ignition and penetration.
Face Shield Features:
The Arc Flash Face Shield boasts a range of features including:
- Spherical and astigmatic power, prism and prism imbalance, resolving power and scattered light – within tolerances to the extent allowable by the standard
- Resistance to high mass impact – pointed projectile weighing 500g, dropped from a height of 127 cm
- Resistance to high velocity impact – steel ball diameter of 6.35 mm, at the velocity 91,44 m/s
- Resistance to penetration – needle with a weight 44.2g, dropped from a height of 127 cm
- Resistance to drop ball impact – steel ball a diameter of 25.4 mm, dropped from a height of 127 cm
- Resistance to fogging
- Resistance to ignition
- Resistance to UV radiation – symbol U6
- Protection against thermal hazards of an electric arc
In accordance with:
EN 61482-1-2 – ANSI/ISEA Z89.1-2014 – ANSI/ISEA Z87.1-2015 – ASTM F2178-12
TESTED AND CERTIFIED ACCORDING TO:
ROUTINE TESTS AND INSPECTION BEFORE USE
The following inspection should be carried out by the wearer, each time, before commencement of work. The inspection is aimed at checking:
- Lack of visible defects in the shell of a helmet
- Lack of visible defects in the shell of the shield
- Correctness of operation of head girth regulation
- Correctness of operation of under-chin fastening strap service life
Damaged (mechanical damage of the shell or incorrect operation of the head girth regulation or underchin fastening strap) or dirty helmet must not be used for live working. The helmet should be dried extensively before use.
Damaged (cracked, scratched, punctured, fogging) or dirty shield must not be used for live working and must be replaced immediately. Please take note the service life of the shield which is impressed on the helmet. After this duration the shield should be taken out of service.
Electrically Insulated Safety Helmet with Integrated Arc Flash Face Shield: